Natasza Cetner is already celebrating festival success with her graduation film! “Nero” has been nominated for the film of the month at Puerto Madero International Film Festival 2017 – I am sure this is just the beginning.
There was magic in the air last night! Congratulations to all our students for an amazing show at the Regent Street Cinema.
The films were phenomenal and it was wonderful to see so many names on the credits. You have all supported each other and we are certain will continue to support one another in the future.
Emotions ran high in the bar after the show, and it was great to hear how much you have enjoyed the course. We will miss you all, but we look forward to hearing all about your future successes too! Stay in touch!
Natasza Cetner, Cecilia Corzo and Maria Piva have all been offered places on the Animation MA at the Royal College of Art! You beat stiff competition for those places, and that’s not easy, but we know you all deserve the opportunity. Have fun – can’t wait to see what you do next!
Not only was our Shaun voted “Favourite Lecturer” at Westminster University last year, but he is also running extra workshops at the Regent Street Cinema on the weekends!
His three day workshops for University of Westminster Outreach, were a great success, and they made the most of the cinema venue. They filmed and projected animation, and the students performed with their animated characters, “its Winsor McCay and Gertie the Dinosaur but done in 2017 by 15 yr olds. We also did Harry Potter style moving portraits, animated letters like a dot matrix sign with the students in cinema seats instead of dots. Lots of pixellation.”
Our students acted as paid assistants – good teaching experience and great on a CV.
Keep checking in if you want to be part of the next Outreach programme.
Our students have had great success at the Athens Animfest 2017. Natasha, Jude, Ivelina and Constantinos have all had films for the festival this year – might be worth a trip to Athens!
Regent Street Cinema – Westminster Animation Student Awards, Wednesday 25th January.
We celebrated the amazing stop frame work of the second year Animation students, and the extraordinary eye-popping documentaries made by year three students this year.
In recognition of their achievements, awards were presented to year 3 students whose work was particularly successful in a number of categories
All of the students are winners, but on this occasion we awarded “Wammies” to:
- Cassie Amis, Cecilia Corzo and Eloise Prince, best technical achievement, for their stop frame film “Copper”
- Zak Chamberlain and Maria Piva, best sound design, for their insight into the Calais Migrant Camp “Jungle Dominical”
- Ivelina Ivanova won the best Aesthetics Wammy, for her amazing drawn animation in ” Silent London”
- The most improved project was ” I will wave my flag”, produced by Carrie Gillary, Anna Perucho and Sci Sarhan
- ” Contact” was awarded best documentary, with its portrayal of an enigmatic old lady. Natasza Cetner and Josephine Leung produced this remarkable film.
We are very proud to present a screening of our third year animated documentary films as well as our second year adaptation films at the Regent Street Cinema. The event is free so please arrive early to avoid disappointment.
Where and when:
January 25th 2017
17:30 – 20:30
To add to her many successes, Natasza Cetner’s film “The three tales from Alexandria” is part of the Official Selection for International Animation Awards! It has also been selected for the Berlin Student Film Festival 2017!
- Edinburgh Short Films Festival 2016
- Anima-São – Festival Internacional de Animação 2016
- Puerto Madero International Film Festival 2016 August Edition
- The Monthly Film Festival (September Edition)
- Festival CINE ANIMAL Bogota (Bogota’s ANIMAL CINEMA Fest) 2016
- Post Mortem International Horror and Bizarre Short Film Fest 2016
- Corto Imola Festival 2015
- Athens Animfest 2016
- Montreal International Animation Film *Festival Animaze 2016
- Anima-São – Festival Internacional de Animação 2016.
- “Special Mention” received at Festival Internacional Buñuel – Calanda 2016
- Post Mortem International Horror and Bizarre Short Film Fest
- FICIL Bio Bio 2017
- IndieWise Virtual Festival